* clear and spacious layout for easy reference and reading
* 3500 terms, clearly defined
* numerous key terms explained more fully
* cross-references to associated and alternative terms
* illustrations help clarify more complex terms, equipment and structures
"The Dictionary of Water Engineering" provides an essential and up-to-date source of information on all aspects of water engineering and technology. Emphasis is placed on small-scale supply, the needs of poorer communities and on the importance of sustainability.
The entries cover water supplies for urban and rural communities, wastewater systems, water resources, hydrology, irrigation, river improvement, drainage, erosion, groundwater exploration, hydrography, flood protection, hydraulic machines, dams and water power.
The dictionary is designed to meet the needs of engineers, technicians and students throughout the world. It is a practical reference tool for down-to-earth use by all those involved in water and sanitation programs from planners to fieldworkers.
Number Of Pages: 384
Published: 1st May 2005
Publisher: ITDG Publishing
Country of Publication: GB
Dimensions (cm): 19.68 x 13.34 x 3.18
Weight (kg): 0.5