One moment your daughter is fun-loving and energetic-a pleasure to be around. The next she's sulking in silence, or worse, screaming and slamming the door. Congratulations, you're the mother of a teenage girl. Your daughter is on an emotional roller coaster. Responding in kind just adds fuel to the fire and erodes your relationship. Teens need a stable anchor-a mom who calmly de-escalates scenes and parents intentionally, even when her child is pushing away. Written by a popular family therapist, Dial Down the Drama reveals how to reclaim your center and reconnect with your teen.
It helps you:
- Break the cycle of conflict.
- Tune in to your daughter without drowning in her drama.
- Foster spontaneous conversations.
- Understand the developing adolescent brain and how it influences behavior.
- Appreciate her for who she is now-a wonderful, work in progress.
- Replace worrying and overreacting with effective communication and action.
- Forge a healthy and lasting bond together Moodiness, anger, and defiance can stress the best of us.
This empowering guide gives you the tools you need to defuse the drama-and dial up the joy.
About the Author
Colleen O'Grady is a licensed marriage and family therapist with a thriving private practice-and the mother of a teenage daughter.
..".reaches out with compassion, just a bit of sass, and--most importantly--a well-organized plan for keeping mother-daughter bonds from spiraling out of emotional control." --Publishers Weekly
The NABE Pinnacle Book Achievement Parenting and Family
Series: UK Professional General Reference
For Ages: 18+ years old
Number Of Pages: 256
Published: 1st November 2015
Country of Publication: US
Dimensions (cm): 23.1 x 15.0
Weight (kg): 0.28