Now fully updated with more than 2,000 new images, 200 new videos, and new content throughout, Diagnostic Ultrasound, 5th Edition, by Drs. Carol M. Rumack and Deborah Levine, remains the most comprehensive and authoritative ultrasound resource available. Spanning a wide range of medical specialties and practice settings, it provides complete, detailed information on the latest techniques for ultrasound imaging of the whole body; image-guided procedures; fetal, obstetric, and pediatric imaging; and much more. Up-to-date guidance from experts in the field keep you abreast of expanding applications of this versatile imaging modality and help you understand the "how" and "why" of ultrasound use and interpretation.
- Covers all aspects of diagnostic ultrasound with sections for Physics; Abdominal, Pelvic, Small Parts, Vascular, Obstetric, and Pediatric Sonography.
- Uses a straightforward writing style and extensive image panels with correlative findings.
- Features 5,000 images - more than 2,000 brand-new - including new 2D and 3D imaging as well as the use of contrast agents and elastography.
- Includes a new virtual chapter on artifacts with individually labelled images from throughout the book, displaying artifacts with descriptive legends by category and how they can be used in diagnosis or corrected for better quality imaging.
- Features more images and new uses for contrast agents in the liver, breast, and in pediatric applications. Includes current information on imaging more diagnostic dilemmas, such as Zika virus in the fetus and newborn.
- Includes 400 video clips showing real-time scanning of anatomy and pathology.
- Expert ConsultT eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, Q&As, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
"this textbook is extremely well written"
"What makes this an exceptionally useful reference tool is the inclusion of chapters beyond the usual day-to-day typical ultrasound examinations. The changing face of modern ultrasound has been carefully included, with chapters based on the dynamic assessment of hernias of the groin and anterior abdominal wall, organ transplantation, the thyroid and parathyroid, MSK techniques and applications, interventional applications in a variety of applications, gastrointestinal, breast, vascular and peritoneal and retroperitoneal ultrasound imaging." Reviewed by Colin P Griffin, lead ultrasound practitioner, Royal Liverpool University Hospital for www.radmagazine.co.uk
"This is one of the most comprehensive books covering all aspects of diagnostic ultrasound in routine clinical use. The book and all references have been updated from the previous edition. In addition, over 380 new videos have been added." Reviewed by Ivan Jambor, MD, PhD (UMMS Baystate Medical Center)
I. PHYSICS 1. Physics of Ultrasound 2. Biologic Effects and Safety 3. Contrast Agents for Ultrasound Imaging and Doppler II. ABDOMINAL, PELVIC, AND THORACIC SONOGRAPHY 4. The Liver 5. The Spleen 6. The Biliary Tree and Gallbladder 7. The Pancreas 8. The Gastrointestinal Tract 9. The Kidney and Urinary Tract 10. The Prostrate 11. The Adrenal Glands 12. The Retroperitoneum 13. Dynamic Ultrasound of Hernias of the Groin and Anterior Abdominal Wall 14. The Peritoneum 15. The Uterus 16. The Adnexa 17. Ultrasound-Guided Biopsy of Chest Abdomen and Pelvis 18. Organ Transplantation III. SMALL PARTS, CAROTID ARTERY, AND PERIPHERAL VESSEL SONOGRAPHY 19. The Thyroid Gland 20. The Parathyroid Glands 21. The Breast 22. The Scrotum 23. Overview of Musculoskeletal Ultrasound Techniques and Applications 24. The Shoulder 25. Musculoskeletal Interventions 26. The Extracranial Cerebral Vessels 27. The Peripheral Vessels IV. OBSTETRIC AND FETAL SONOGRAPHY 28. Overview of Obstetric Imaging 29. Bioeffects and Safety of Ultrasound in Obstetrics 30. The First Trimester 31. Chromosomal Abnormalities 32. Multifetal Pregnancy 33. The Fetal Face and Neck 34. The Fetal Brain 35. The Fetal Spine 36. The Fetal Chest 37. The Fetal Heart 38. The Fetal Abdominal Wall and Gastrointestinal Tract 39. The Fetal Urogenital Tract 40. The Fetal Musculoskeletal System 41. Fetal Hydrops 42. Fetal Measurements: Normal and Abnormal Fetal Growth and Assessment of Fetal Well-Being 43. Sonographic Evaluation of the Placenta 44. Cervical Ultrasound and Preterm Birth V. PEDIATRIC SONOGRAPHY 45. Neonatal and Infant Brain Imaging 46. Doppler Sonography of the Neonatal and Infant Brain 47. Doppler Sonography of the Brain in Children 48. The Pediatric Head and Neck 49. The Pediatric Spinal Canal 50. The Pediatric Chest 51. The Pediatric Liver and Spleen 52. The Pediatric Kidney and Adrenal Glands 53. The Pediatric Gastrointestinal Tract 54. Pediatric Pelvic Sonography 55. The Pediatric Hip and Musculoskeletal Ultrasound 56. Pediatric Interventional Sonography
Number Of Pages: 2168
Published: 20th September 2017
Publisher: Elsevier - Health Sciences Division
Country of Publication: US
Dimensions (cm): 28.1 x 22.2
Weight (kg): 6.88
Edition Number: 5
Edition Type: Revised