This is the essential student's guide to Design - its practice, its theory and its history. Drawing from a wide range of international examples, respected design writer Catherine McDermott explores key topics including:
- international design - from Europe to Africa
- design history - from Art Nouveau to punk
- sustainable design, recycling and green design
- design theory - from semiotics to gender, to postcolonialism
- design technology, graphic design and the web.
Fully cross-referenced, with up-to-date guides for further reading, Design: The Key Concepts is an indispensable reference for students of design, design history, fashion, art and visual culture.
Series: Routledge Key Guides
Tertiary; University or College
Number Of Pages: 264
Published: 30th April 2006
Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
Country of Publication: GB
Dimensions (cm): 22.23 x 13.97
Weight (kg): 0.3
Edition Number: 1