View Common Core State Standards Correlations and TEKS Correlations (click to download).
With Daily Language Review, students practice language skills covering punctuation, verb tense, conjunctions, word meaning, and more in ten- to fifteen-minute daily lessons.
How it works
Daily Language Review follows the research-based model of frequent, focused practice to help students learn and retain skills.
On days 1 through 4, half-page activities provide four language exercises:
- two sentence-editing exercises
- two items that practice a variety of language and vocabulary skills
On day 5, a full-page activity provides a more extensive practice of a vocabulary strategy or skill, and gives students the opportunity to practice using the words in their own sentences. 36 weeks of daily practice activities cover:
Features and benefits:
- Grammar and usage
- Capitalization, punctuation, and spelling
- Formal and informal uses of English
- Vocabulary word meaning and relationships
- Using acquired vocabulary
- Concise daily lessons are easy to scaffold and ideal for daily warm-up, quick informal assessments, and test prep
- The skills scope and sequence details the skills practiced each week
- A downloadable skill list and answer key provides an item-by-item list of the skills practiced each day to help teachers identify student competencies
- Each title includes downloadable home-school connection activities to encourage parent involvement
- A progress chart and vocabulary log help students monitor their daily scores and keep track of new vocabulary
Pair it with the complementary hands-on practice in Take It to Your Seat: Language Centers.
Series: Daily Language Review : Book 2
For Ages: 7 - 8 years old
For Grades: 2 - 3
Number Of Pages: 136
Published: 1st January 2015
Publisher: Evan Moor Educational Publishers
Country of Publication: GB
Dimensions (cm): 28.0 x 21.6
Weight (kg): 0.38