In the Top End, politics is not a numbers game, it is a blood sport.
In comparison to Rudd, Gillard, Abbott and Turnbull, the goings on in the Northern Territory parliament are like watching troop of monkeys throw faeces at one another.
CROCS IN THE CABINET is a partly a serious political book, partly a riotous look at the characters, the scandals and the incompetence of Northern Territory politics. It will make you laugh, cry, wince and shake your head as you read of:
- ministers with strip club bills
- a masturbating minister and the lewd videos he sent someone other than his wife
- why a minister shouted 'we are in love' on the floor of the parliament
- how the chief minister stared down a coup
- how an MP forced the evacuation of a hotel
- why an MP went fishing instead of dealing with leadership matters
- exactly how bonkers the NT parliament really is
Written by two of the NT NEWS'S best journalists, Walkley award-winning Ben Smee and award-winning Christopher A Walsh, this is FEAR AND LOATHING ON THE CAMPAIGN TRAIL meets BASIL FAWLTY.
About the Author
Ben Smee and Christopher A. Walsh are two of the Northern Territory's best journalists. Both based at the NT NEWS, Smee and Walsh have teamed up to share with readers the scandals, dramas and back-room machinations that saw the Country Liberal Party (CLP) effectively wiped out at the 2016 Territory election.