Criminal Law in Queensland and Western Australia: Cases & Commentary, 8th Edition covers the Criminal Codes of Queensland and Western Australia and other significant state and Commonwealth legislation, together with law related decisions of the courts.
The case extracts and commentary provide essential reading for students and are a convenient and authoritative reference for practitioners. The 8th edition has been fully revised and updated.
Important recent decisions discussed in this edition include:
* R v Dookheea (2017 - HCA): re-examination of the concept of reasonable doubt
* Koani v R (2017 - HCA): whether a person can be convicted of murder due to an unwilled act
* TB v SOWA (2015 - WASCA): reasonable foreseeability of death following chase of a victim
* Zaburoni v R (2016 - HCA): whether evidence of intent in transmission of HIV through frequent unprotected sex
* Sgarlata v SOWA (2015 - WASCA): knowledge necessary to prove possession of illicit drug
* Lindsay v R (2015 - HCA): what may amount to provocation sufficient to be left to a jury?
* Police v Dunstall (2015 - HCA): the fairness discretion and unlawfully obtained evidence
* Alqudsi v R (2016 - HCA): whether trial by judge alone is available for federal offences
* Filippou v R (2015 - HCA): meaning of 'substantial miscarriage of justice'
* R v Pham (2015 - HCA): consistency in sentencing.
* Clear and succinct analysis
* Comprehensive coverage
* Jurisdiction-specific for Queensland and Western Australian students and practitioners
Burton, LNQA: Criminal Law in Qld & WA, 2nd ed, 2015 Crofts, LexisNexis Study Guide: Criminal Law in Qld & WA, 2nd ed Devereux & Blake, Kenny Criminal Law in Queensland & Western Australia, 9th ed