Put the most advanced training practices available today to work for your organization. In this guidebook, a number of researchers and practitioners combine the often unshared breakthroughs from a number of training disciplines into a single set of principles and guidelines that you can use to implement and maintain a state-of-the-art training program. Learn the best practices and most current developments in strategic planning and needs assessment, training design and media selection, training delivery, transfer of training and training evaluation, long-term maintenance of leading programs within organizations, and more!
Foreword: Eduardo Salas.
Part One: Designing and Positioning Trainingand Development.
1. Beg, Borrow, and Steal: How the Best TrainingProfessionals Keep Up (Linda L. Rogers, Colleen W. Petersen).
2. A Strategic View of Organizational Trainingand Learning (Scott Tannenbaum).
3. Planning for Training Impact: Principles ofTraining Effectiveness (Raymond A. Noe, Jason A. Colquitt).
4. Leveraging Hidden Expertise: Why, When,and How to Use Cognitive Task Analysis (David A. DuBois).
Part Two: Innovations in Trainingand Development Methods.
5. Training for a Diverse Workplace (Donna Chrobot-Mason, Miguel A. Qui?ones).
6. Management Development: Coaching andMentoring Programs (David B. Peterson.
7. Using Computer Technology in Training:Building an Infrastructure for Active Learning (Kenneth G. Brown, J. Kevin Ford).
8. What We Know About Designing and DeliveringTeam Training: Tips and Guidelines (Eduardo Salas, C. Shawn Burke, Janis A. Cannon-Bowers).
Part Three: Evaluating and Institutionalizing Training.
9. Planning, Managing, and Optimizing Transferof Training (M. Anthony Machin).
10. Creating and Maintaining the LearningOrganization (John C. Jeppesen).
11. Decision-Based Evaluation (Kurt Kraiger).
Series: J-B SIOP Professional Practice Series
Number Of Pages: 464
Published: 12th November 2001
Publisher: JOSSEY BASS
Country of Publication: US
Dimensions (cm): 23.75 x 16.15
Weight (kg): 0.73
Edition Number: 1