Corporate Accounting and Reporting provides a complete overview of the key principles of recording and reporting the financial activities of companies.
Self-paced and interactive, it is ideal for classroom delivery and student self-study.
- Each chapter has Written Exercises to help students assess their understanding and consolidate their skills
- Self-testing exercises, within each chapter, encourage ongoing student revision
- Answers to self-testing exercises, at the end of chapters, allow students to assess their comprehension
- Up-to-date legislation and accounting standards are included throughout the text for easy student reference
- An extensive glossary (with definitions) of more than 100 key corporate accounting terms to reinforce key principles
- An electronic workbook (on the CD-ROM in the back of the book) contains time-saving templates (both as PDF and Word files) to help students complete assessment exercises within the text
- Dedicated chapters on accounting for associates and joint ventures (chp 10) and accounting for leases (chp 12).
An Instructor’s CD
is available for teachers who adopt the text, which includes:
- Answers to all Written Exercises within chapters
- Additional extension questions (with solutions).
Key corporate accounting terminology
Chapter 1 Company formation and share issue
Chapter 2 Preference shares, debentures and issue costs
Chapter 3 Acquisitiona andconversion of an existing business to a company
Chapter 4 Accounting for profits
Chapter 5 Financial reporting
Chapter 6 Cash flow statements
Chapter 7 Income tax accounting
Chapter 8 Consolidated statements
Chapter 9 Consolidated statements with minority equity interests
Chapter 10 Accounting for associates and joint ventures
Chapter 11 Foreign currency transactions
Chapter 12 Accounting for leases
Chapter 13 Amalgamations and takeovers
Chapter 14 Accounting for liquidations
Book with Other Items
Number Of Pages: 528
Published: 1st December 2006
Country of Publication: AU
Edition Number: 1