For introductory courses in CNC manufacturing technology and machine technology.
This superbly detailed and illustrated text clearly defines, explains and illustrates the basics of CNC machining centers and CNC turning machines. The volume sufficiently identifies, outlines and explains all the important fundamentals of control components, control operations, machine operation functions, and setup methods and procedures. It provides hands-on experience with a straightforward step-by-step methodology that is easy to understand and illustrates the main components and characteristics that are associated with each CNC machine type.
1. Introduction to CNC Machining Centers.
2. CNC Machine Fundamentals.
3. CNC Machining Center Cutting Fundamentals.
4. CNC Machining Center Control and Operation.
5. CNC Machining Center Technical Data.
6. CNC Machining Center Rapid and Feed Moves.
7. CNC Machining Center Circular Interpolation.
8. CNC Cutter Diameter Compensation.
9. CNC Drilling Canned Cycles.
10. CNC Canned Cycles G84, G86, and G76.
11. Introduction to CNC Turning.
12. CNC Lathe Fundamentals.
13. CNC Lathe Cutting Fundamentals.
14. CNC Lathe Control and Operation.
15. CNC Lathe Technical Data.
16. CNC Lathe Rapid and Feed Moves.
17. CNC Lathe Circular Interpolation.
18. Tool Nose Radius Compensation.
19. CNC Lathe Fixed Cycles G70 to G74.
20. CNC Lathe Fixed Cycles G75 to G94.
Appendix A: CNC Tool Library Example.
Appendix B: Formulas for Machining Centers.
Appendix C: Milling Cutting Speed (SFM).
Appendix D: Drilling, Reaming and Tapping Cutting Speed (SFM) (HSS Tools).
Appendix E: Milling Feeds (FPT).
Appendix F: Drilling Feedrates (IPR) (HSS Drills).
Appendix G: Carbide Insert Drilling Cutting Speeds (SFM) and Feedrates (IPR).
Appendix H: Tap Drill Size Chart (Inch and Metric).
Appendix J: NPT Pipe Tap Drill Size Chart.
Appendix K: Machining Center Program Code Descriptions.
Appendix L: CNC Lathe Tool Library Example.
Appendix M: Formulas for Turning.
Appendix N: Lathe Cutting Speeds (SFM) and Feedrates (IPR) for Turning and Boring Operations.
Appendix P: 60° V-Thread Cutting Speeds (SFM) and Formulas.
Appendix Q: Lathe Program Code Descriptions.
Appendix R: Right Triangle Formulas.
Appendix S: Fraction and Decimal Conversion Chart.
Appendix T: Letter and Number Drill Size Conversion Chart.
Appendix U: Metric Conversion.