Hot bacon rolls, sausages and mashed potatoes, apple pie and fresh cream - these are the kind of simple, mouthwatering dishes that can truly be called comfort food. Everybody needs a break from counting the calories and here are over 200 delicious recipes designed to bring nourishment and contentment to the recipient. Included here are hearty soups, slow-simmering stews, satisfying roasts and irresistible breads and cakes, all oozing with flavour and guaranteed to warm heart and soul.
Comfort food can be eaten at any time of day or night and the recipes included here range from the very simple instant pick-me-ups such as Toasted Muffins with Strawberry Jam to more time-indulgent meals of Pork and Sausage Casserole and Steak and Kidney Pie. Over 650 photographs, including step-by-step instructions and beautiful finished pictures of every dish, clearly illustrate the recipes, ensuring perfect results every time.
About the Author
- A feast of over 200 comforting and evocative meals inspired by school days, mother's cooking and traditional family favourites.
- Delicious and easy-to-follow recipes to tuck you up, cuddle you and kiss you goodnight, including warming soups, rich stews and casseroles, savoury and sweet pies and crumbles.
- Every recipe features simple step-by-step instructions and a colour photograph of the finished dish to tempt you and to guarantee cooking success every time.
- Favourite dishes include Burgers; BLT Sandwiches; Chicken Soup; Lasagne; Shepherd's Pie; Bubble & Squeak; Curry; Fish & Chips; Triple Chocolate Cookies; Cheesecake; Ice Cream; Apple Pie and Custard.
- Simple food that lifts the spirits, tastes good, and is a pleasure to eat.
- Includes a complete nutritional analysis of each recipe; fat; carbohydrate; salt and calorie counts, to help with dietary planning and catering for special needs.
Bridget Jones graduated in home economics before working as a food stylist, editor and writer. She has written over 50 books, contributed to many more and acted as consultant on a number of major titles. As well as creating recipes and writing on a wide range of food subjects, Bridget is a qualified fitness instructor and uses her skills to help people achieve optimum health and self esteem. Sharing a practical understanding of good ingredients and the benefits of eating well are the essence of her work. Among some of her most recent books are Perfect Party Food Made Simple, Sweet Comfort Food
and The Diabetic Cookbook.