Written for upper intermediate to advanced learners and students working with English and Mandarin Chinese, this one-way English to Chinese dictionary includes in-depth coverage of contemporary English with modern Chinese translations.
This dictionary continues a successful collaboration between the two well-known publishing houses of Collins and the Foreign Language Teaching and Research Press. Working with an international team of linguists, both partners have mobilized their enormous documentary, lexicographical and textual resources to present this detailed analysis of the latest developments in the English and Chinese languages.
• Includes up-to-date coverage of everyday and technical vocabulary.
• Provides users with thousands of usage examples based on Collins Corpus, a 4.5 billion language database, showing English as it is actually used in context.
• Contains hundreds of extra language notes to help the user gain a more in-depth understanding of the way in which the English language is used by native speakers.
• Usage differences between British and American English clearly shown.
• Includes phonetics given in the International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA).
• Irregular inflected forms of English words written in full.
A range of supplements includes information on various aspects of language and culture in the UK and US.