Click on the cover image above to read some pages of this book!
The BBC's micro: bits and the interest within the education sector for coding have increased the market potential for books on the subject. The Coding Manual teaches you everything you need to become a great programmer.
Whether you need to boost your coding skills for school, work or just as a hobby, this comprehensive guide introduces the tools, terms and concepts that take you from a beginner to an experienced developer. Simple explanations and step-by-step guides ease you through the features of the Python programming language, providing you with everything you need to write code in the real world.
About the Author
Mike Saunders is the author of the Haynes Linux Manual. He has extensive experience with computers and programming and regularly contributes to IT magazines.
Introduction - what is coding, why it's important, and why it's becoming more popular Setting up
- installing Python and how to write and run programs Python basics
- printing text, doing maths and getting input Changing the flow
- conditional statements and repetition with loops Functions
- re-use your code, pass parameters and understand variable scope Data
- structures, tuples, lists and dictionaries Loading and saving
- getting data from the disk and searching through it Modules
- built-in to Python, add-ons and creating your own Classes
- discover the power of object-oriented programming
Plus: Sample programs (demonstrating techniques from the book) Appendices (challenge answers, links to useful resources)
ISBN: 9781785211188 ISBN-10: 1785211188 Series: Owners' Workshop Manual Audience:
Number Of Pages: 192 Published: 11th May 2017 Publisher: HAYNES PUBLISHING GROUP Country of Publication: GB Dimensions (cm): 28.0 x 21.7
Weight (kg): 0.64