A Publication of the Harvard Institutes for Higher Education<br> <br> Casebook I: Faculty Employment Policies presents six cases that were developed by the Project on Faculty Appointments at the Harvard Graduate School of Education and designed to be used in a variety of instructional settings in order to explore and analyze efforts to bring about institutional change. Each case study highlights a particular challenge regarding faculty employment and illustrates these challenges using situations from actual institutions of higher education. The cases provide a wealth of background information and are filled with real-life details. In addition, the cases are comprehensive in scope and reflect the complexity of administrative decision making as experienced by academic leaders.
1. Blessed Trinity College: Modifying FacultyEvaluation and Contracts (William T. Mallon).
2. Georgia State University: Tackling Salary Inequity,Post-Tenure Review, and Part-Time Employment (Cheryl Sternman Rule).
3. Kansas State University: Evaluating andAddressing Chronic Low Achievement (Holly Madsen).
4. Olivet College: Aligning Faculty EmploymentPolicies with an Evolving Mission (William T. Mallon).
5. University of Central Arkansas:Transformative Leadership, PremiumContracts, and a New Identity (Cheryl Sternman Rule).
6. University of Minnesota: The Politicsof Tenure Reform (Cathy A. Trower).
Selected Bibliography on the Academic Professionand Organizational Change.
Series: Jossey-Bass Higher and Adult Education Series
Number Of Pages: 176
Published: 24th April 2002
Publisher: John Wiley & Sons Inc
Country of Publication: US
Dimensions (cm): 23.15 x 15.35
Weight (kg): 0.25
Edition Number: 1