This new edition of the Cambridge Idioms Dictionary explains over 7,000 idioms current in British, American and Australian English, helping learners to understand them and use them with confidence.
- Fully updated with new idioms, e.g. think outside the box, play out of your skin, the new black
- New, attractive page layout with idioms in colour for easy reference
- Clear explanations and example sentences for every idiom
- Most common idioms highlighted so students know which to learn
- Topic section covering useful language areas, e.g. agreeing and disagreeing, telling stories
- Around 7,000 idioms explained in simple language
- Thousands of example sentences based on the Cambridge International Corpus
- Lively new pictures illustrating many idioms.
Series: Cambridge Idioms Dictionary Ser.
English as a Second Language (ESL)
Number Of Pages: 505
Published: 1st June 2006
Publisher: Cambridge University Press
Country of Publication: GB
Dimensions (cm): 20.041 x 16.205
Weight (kg): 0.667
Edition Number: 2
Edition Type: Revised