The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring these cultured and ancient nations.
Admire Siem Reap's awe-inspiring Angkor Wat, sample French-Lao cuisine at Luang Prabang's waterfront restaurants or take a boat ride down the Mekong and stop off at the magical islands of Si Phan Don: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of Cambodia and Laos with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Cambodia and Laos:
- Over 20 colour maps help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of Cambodia and Laos, designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations and floorplans show in detail the magnificent Angkor Wat, Phnom Penh's elaborately decorated Silver Pagoda, Luang Prabang's Wat Xieng Thong monastery and more
- Colour photographs of Cambodia and Laos' stunning landscapes, beautiful islands, ancient wats and pagodas, Mekong Delta, bustling capital cities of Phnom Penh and Vientiane, and more
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover Phnom Penh, Angkor, Northern Cambodia and Southern Cambodia, and Vientiane, Luang Prabang, Northern Laos, Central and Southern Laos
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about each country's complex history, landscapes and wildlife, religions, delicious cuisines, festivals, and more
- Essential travel tips - our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus useful phrases, visa and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Cambodia and Laos is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to these remarkable countries.
About the Author
Experience the world with DK Travel. DK Travel's highly visual guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips and tours to inform and enrich your trip. Our travel writers report on what to see, eat, drink and do around the world, while the very best photographs and illustrations bring cities, regions and countries to life. We publish guides to more than 200 destinations around the world, from handy pocket-sized city guides to comprehensive country guides. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.
"Known... for its four-color maps, photos and illustrations, the [DK] Eyewitness Guides are extremely user-friendly for travelers who want their information delivered in a concise, visual way." - Chicago Tribune
"The best option... Color photos, maps, and diagrams bring the place to life." - The Philadelphia Inquirer