Twomey, Jennings and Greene's BUSINESS LAW: PRINCIPLES FOR TODAY'S COMMERCIAL ENVIRONMENT, 5E uses excerpted cases in the language of the court to provide both comprehensive and clear coverage. Updates throughout this edition address the latest developments and all of the topics you require without overwhelming students with unnecessary detail. Based on the authors' extensive teaching experience, this trusted text offers a wealth of integrated examples and applications that feature current events and familiar situations to help students grasp legal concepts. This edition's clear, thorough guidance helps students prepare for the CPA exam. In addition, engaging feature boxes, numerous brief examples and applications are marked "For Example" so students can easily find them as they progress through each chapter's narrative. This edition's new MindTap offers an optional online, highly personalized learning experience built on Cengage Learning content that helps you prepare for class.
About The Authors.
PART I: THE LEGAL AND SOCIAL ENVIRONMENT OF BUSINESS.
1. The Nature and Sources of Law.
2. The Court System and Dispute Resolution.
3. Business Ethics, Social Forces, and The Law.
4. The Constitution As The Foundation of The Legal Environment.
5. Government Regulation of Competition and Prices.
6. Administrative Agencies.
9. Intellectual Property Rights and The Internet.
10. The Legal Environment of International Trade.
PART II: CONTRACTS.
11. Nature and Classes of Contracts: Contracting On The Internet.
12. Formation of Contracts: offer and Acceptance.
13. Capacity and Genuine Assent.
15. Legality and Public Policy.
16. Writing, Electronic Forms, and Interpretation of Contracts.
17. Third Persons and Contracts.
18. Discharge of Contracts.
19. Breach of Contract and Remedies.
PART III: SALES AND LEASES OF GOODS.
20. Personal Property and Bailments.
21. Legal Aspects of Supply Chain Management.
22. Nature and Form of Sales.
23. Title and Risk of Loss.
24. Product Liability: Warranties and Torts.
25. Obligations and Performance.
26. Remedies For Breach of Sales Contracts.
PART IV: NEGOTIABLE INSTRUMENTS.
27. Kinds of Instruments, Parties, and Negotiability.
28. Transfers of Negotiable Instruments and Warranties of Parties.
29. Liability of The Parties Under Negotiable Instruments.
30. Checks and Funds Transfers.
PART V: DEBTOR-CREDITOR RELATIONSHIPS.
31. Nature of The Debtor-Creditor Relationship.
32. Consumer Protection.
33. Secured Transactions In Personal Property.
PART VI: AGENCY AND EMPLOYMENT.
37. Third Persons In Agency.
38. Regulation of Employment.
39. Equal Employment Opportunity Law.
PART VII: BUSINESS ORGANIZATIONS.
40. Types of Business Organizations.
42. LPs, LLCs, and LLPs.
43. Corporation Formation.
44. Shareholder Rights In Corporations.
45. Securities Regulation.
46. Accountants' Liability and Malpractice.
47. Management of Corporations.
PART VIII: REAL PROPERTY AND ESTATES.
48. Real Property.
49. Environmental Law and Land Use Controls.
51. Decedents' Estates and Trusts.
Series: Mindtap Course List
Tertiary; University or College
Number Of Pages: 1320
Published: 30th December 2015
Country of Publication: US
Dimensions (cm): 26.2 x 20.9
Weight (kg): 2.16
Edition Number: 5
Edition Type: Revised