The bestselling guide to building a knockout Web site, newly updated
An effective Web site is the key to success for every venture from class reunions to major corporations. And since Web technology changes rapidly, Building a Web Site For Dummies, 4th Edition is fully updated for the cutting-edge tools and trends.
If you need to build and maintain a Web site, even if your experience is severely limited, this book makes it easy and fun. You'll learn to plan, design, create, launch, and maintain your site using the most up-to-date tools.
Building a Web Site For Dummies, 4th Edition
- A quality Web presence is essential in today's marketplace, and many individuals charged with creating one are unaware of the challenges
- This guide gives novice Web designers the tools and know-how to plan, design, and build effective Web sites
- Provides a nuts-and-bolts guide to site-building, including coverage of HTML, WYSIWYG construction software, CSS, and navigation plans
- Shows how to spruce up your site with topnotch graphics, video, and great content
- Guides you through getting your site online, promoting it, and even making money from it
is the tool every first-time Web designer needs to build a professional-looking site.
About the Author
David A. Crowder is a professor in the School of Languages at the University of Antioquia in Colombia. He has authored or coauthored more than 25 books, including Google Earth For Dummies
and previous editions of Building a Web Site For Dummies
Part I: Building Your First Web Site.
Chapter 1: Planning for Good Site Design.
Chapter 2: Creating a Web Page with Basic HTML Tags.
Chapter 3: Arranging Your Text with Tables and Other Advanced Tags.
Chapter 4: Working with WYSIWYG.
Chapter 5: Letting the World In: Choosing a Host and Domain Name.
Part II: Building Better Web Pages.
Chapter 6: Using Cascading Style Sheets.
Chapter 7: Adding Images.
Chapter 8: Adding Forms.
Part III: Adding Frills and Fancy Stuff.
Chapter 10: Adding Image-Based Buttons and Image Maps.
Chapter 11: Web Sights and Sounds.
Chapter 12: Adding a Blog.
Part IV: Making Money.
Chapter 13: Attracting an Audience: Publicizing Your Site.
Chapter 14: Designing for Internet Commerce.
Chapter 15: Checking Out Online Payment Methods.
Part V: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 16: Ten Great Web Sites to Get Advice.
Chapter 17: Ten Fabulous Tools for E-Commerce.
Chapter 18: Ten More Great Add-Ins.