Beautiful, vibrant, exuberant and welcoming, Brazil is truly a country to explore. From the miles of pristine and often deserted beaches along the coast to the mighty virgin forest of the Amazon, from the charm of cobbled colonial towns to the urban excitement of its busy metropolises, this guidebook will help you make the most of your visit to this magnificent country.
- Great coverage of the top activities and sights in the country, including carnivals, wildlife and waterfalls
- Loaded with information and suggestions on how to get off the beaten track, from birdwatching in the rain forest to unforgettable beaches
- Includes comprehensive information on everything from transport and practicalities to history, culture & landscape
- Plus all the usual accommodation, eating and drinking listings for every budget
- Full-color planning section to inspire you and help you find the best experiences
From the iconic sights of Rio de Janeiro to the powerful, tumbling waters of Iguaçu Falls, Footprint's fully updated 9th edition will help you navigate this diverse destination.
About the Author
Alex Robinson is an award-winning writer and photographer based in London. He was runner up in the Friends of the Earth International Photography Award in 2007, won a Brazilian Press Award for the anniversary edition of Latin America's travel magazine Viagem e Turismo and a US National Magazine award as part of the Fall 2006 edition of Departures Magazine. He has worked with numerous magazines, publishers and broadcasters, including Departures, Budget Travel, National Geographic, the Financial Times, Wanderlust, the Discovery Channel, Al Jazeera and the BBC.
The Brazil handbook is a detailed and well-written book. I would recommend it. -- Amazon Consumer Review 1 An in depth guide that is expertly written. Any traveler contemplating a trip to this glorious country should read this before boarding the plane. -- Amazon Consumer Review 2
1) Planning your trip 2) Rio de Janeiro 3) Sao Paulo 4) Minas Gerais & Espirito Santo 5) Iguacu Falls & the south 6) Bahia 7) Recife & the northeast coast 8) Fortaleza & the far northeast 9) The Amazon 10) Brasilia, Goias & Tocantins 11) The Pantanal 12) Practicalities 13) Footnotes
Series: Footprint Handbook
Number Of Pages: 678
Published: 27th September 2016
Publisher: Footprint Travel Guides
Country of Publication: GB
Dimensions (cm): 17.8 x 11.5
Weight (kg): 0.5
Edition Number: 9
Edition Type: Revised