Switch on your brain with puzzles, tips and teasers
Improve your memory and recall, develop cognitive skills and increase your brain power with Boost Your Brain. Ever find it difficult to remember where you left your keys or parked the car? Boost your Brain is here to help with over 300 brain-boosting tips and exercises for a complete mental workout.
Enjoy entertaining puzzles and mental teasers that develop your brain power while you solve them. With fun memory games and mnemonics you can improve on everyday tasks, such as revision, maths, spatial awareness, vocabulary and remembering appointments, facts and PINs. Develop your brain power and memory skills with tips and puzzles that improve your mental agility and show you how to remember key numbers and facts, so that you never forget a name at a dinner party or miss an anniversary again. You can track your development with the scoring system for each chapter and also see ways to improve.
Boost Your Brain is ideal if you are seeking a fun way to develop your memory and keep your brain active.
About the Author
Joel Levy is a science writer and journalist with a special interest in psychology. His writing explores both mainstream and fringe psychology, from cognitive boosting to anomalous experiences. After taking degrees in molecular biology and psychology at Warwick and Edinburgh universities, he has gone on to write several books.
1. Quick Fix: Short-term memory boosting techniques and exercises - 10
2. Dinner Party Genius: Techniques and exercises for recalling names and faces - 28
3. Everyday Elephant: Developing techniques and exercises for everyday challenges - 42
4. Where's My Car?: Medium-term memory boosting techniques and exercises - 58
5. I Know What I Did Last Summer: Long-term memory techniques and exercises - 70
6. Pin In A Haystack: Strategies for creating and remembering PINs and passwords - 82
7. Revision Express: Techniques and exercises for boosting revision and recalling of facts - 96
8. A Head For Figures: Basic numeracy exercises - 108
9. The Fear Of All Calculations: More advanced numeracy puzzles - 120
10. Tip Of The Tongue: Verbal intelligence exercises - 130
11. Lost In Space: Visuo-spatial intelligence exercises - 140
12. Logic Jam: Logical reasoning exercises - 152
13. Spark Of Genius: Creativity exercises - 168
Challenges - 178
Solutions - 180
Index - 188
Acknowledgments - 192