Oxford Big Ideas Humanities Western Australian Curriculum provides complete coverage for the Humanities – Geography, History, Economics & Business and Civics & Citizenship – in one easy-to-use package. Take a semester-based approach or deliver separate year-long courses.
- Four books in one – ideal for semester-based courses
- Fully revised and updated to meet the requirements of the Western Australian Curriculum: Humanities across Years 7–10
- Complete coverage of all Civics & Citizenship, Economics & Business, Geography, and History content in a single learning package (print and digital)
- Stand-alone skills toolkits cover key concepts and skills from the Western Australian Curriculum
- All topics are supported by additional worksheets, answers, teacher notes, tests, interactives and videos.
- Clear instructional language supports student understanding and a wealth of stunning images, illustrations and source materials engage even the most reluctant learners.
- A range of self-marking quizzes mapped to SCSA content descriptors – offered FREE through obook assess.
The obook is a cloud-based web-book available anywhere, anytime, on any device, navigated by topic or by ‘page view’. assess is an indispensable online assessment tool, explicitly mapped to the Western Australian Curriculum that drives student progress through tailored instruction. As well as containing the student text and study tools, this obook offers interactive timelines, interactives such as ‘drag & drop’ and ‘hot zones’, videos, virtual site studies.
Teacher obook assess gives teachers digital access to the resources they need in order to deliver results in the classroom. These include:
- teacher notes (including lesson ideas, planning and programming tips, and assessment advice)
- answers to all activities, worksheets and tests
- additional student worksheets (printable)
- complete digital access to student book content (both online and offline) including note-taking, highlighting and bookmarking functionality
- ability to electronically assign worksheets, tests, videos and interactives to students, as well as monitor progress and results
- clear links to Western Australian content descriptors
- access to a testbank (containing hundreds of additional randomised multiple choice, short answer and extended response questions) that
- allows you to create bespoke class tests simply and easily
- student progress and class results dashboard.
Teacher obook assess now also offers Dashboard view – an online lesson control centre, allowing teachers to instantly preview, access and assign resources like videos, interactives, worksheets and tests to students.
PART 1: GEOGRAPHYConcepts and skills: Geography Chapter 1 The geography toolkit Water in the world Chapter 2 Water in the world Place and liveability Chapter 3 Liveable cities Chapter 4 Living in Australia PART 2: HISTORYConcepts and skills: History Chapter 5 The history toolkit The ancient world Chapter 6 The ancient world Depth study 1: Investigating the ancient past Chapter 7 Investigating the ancient past Depth study 2: Investigating one ancient society Chapter 8 Ancient Egypt Chapter 9 Ancient Greece Chapter 10 Ancient Rome Chapter 11 Ancient India [obook only chapter] Chapter 12 Ancient China PART 3: ECONOMICS AND BUSINESSConcepts and skills: Economics and business Chapter 13 The economics and business toolkit Producing and consuming Chapter 14 Economic choices Chapter 15 Innovation and entrepreneurship PART 4: CIVICS AND CITIZENSHIPConcepts and skills: Civics and citizenship Chapter 16 The civics and citizenship toolkit Designing our political and legal system Chapter 17 Designing our political and legal system Glossary Index Acknowledgements