Lonely Planet: The world's number one travel guide publisher*
Lonely Planet's Best of Germany is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. See storybook castles rise from the Bavarian forest, raise a stein to an oompah band in a Munich beer garden and take in the vibrant Berlin arts scene - all with your trusted travel companion. Discover the best of Germany and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Best of Germany:
- Full-colour images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights provide a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, art, food, wine, sport, politics
- Free, convenient pull-out map (included in print version), plus easy-to-use colour maps to help you navigate
- Covers Berlin, Potsdam, Neuschwanstein, Heidelberg, The Black Forest, Dresden, Rothenburg ob der Tauber, Cologne, The Romantic Rhine Valley, The Moselle Valley and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's Best of Germany is filled with inspiring and colourful photos, and focuses on Germany's most popular attractions for those wanting to experience the best of the best.
Looking for a more comprehensive guide that recommends both popular and offbeat experiences, and extensively covers all the country has to offer? Check out Lonely Planet's Germany guide.
Need a guide to Berlin or Munich? Check out Lonely Planet's Berlin or Munich, Bavaria & the Black Forest guides for an in-depth look at all these cities and regions have to offer.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world's number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973. Over the past four decades, we've printed over 145 million guidebooks and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travellers. You'll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, nine international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more.
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)
*Source: Nielsen BookScan: Australia, UK, USA, 5/2016-4/2017