'A must read before consuming your next alcoholic beverage.'
Approximately 60% of Americans consume alcohol. While drinking in excess may pose health risks, scientific research shows that drinking in moderation has many health benefits, including protection from heart diseases. Drawing from his decades of experience in Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Dr. Dasgupta shows:
- What exactly it means to drink in moderation in very practical terms.Why it is better to drink alcohol with food, than on an empty stomach.
- That red wine is superior because it contains many beneficial antioxidants present in grapes.
- Practical guidelines on how much alcohol is safe for different groups - women, men, people over 65 years old.
- How much you should drink depending on your body weight.
- Why drinking in excess may lead to many health hazards including liver cirrhosis, a life threatening illness.