Learn to play bass guitar quickly and easily with this guide and bonus interactive CD!
The bass guitar is utilized in almost every single genre of music-rock, classical, jazz, metal, funk, and country just to name a few. Bass Guitar Exercises For Dummies provides bassists an opportunity to dabble with all these styles and more. Regardless of your intended musical style, this hands-on guide provides the tips and drills designed to help perfect your playing ability.
- Features a wide variety of over 300 exercises and technique-building practice opportunities tailored to bass guitar
- From classic blues bass rhythms to funk, rock, and reggae bass patterns, players of all styles benefit from the exercises and chords presented
- Shows you proper hand and body posture and fingering and hand positions
- Each lesson concludes with a music piece for you to try
- The audio CD includes practice pieces that accompany the exercises and drills presented in each section
- Helps you build your strength, endurance, and dexterity when playing bass
Whether you're a beginner bass player or you're looking to stretch your playing skills, Bass Guitar Exercises For Dummies is the book for you!
About the Author
Patrick Pfeiffer has recorded with George Clinton, Phoebe Snow, Jimmy Norman (Coasters), Paul Griffin (Steely Dan), Bernard Purdie (Steely Dan), Carlos Alomar (David Bowie), and Mike Kissel's KMA All-Stars, to name a few.
Part I: Preparing to Practice.
Chapter 1: Reviewing Practice Fundamentals.
Chapter 2: Warming Up Your Right and Left Hands.
Part II: Scales (Modes) and Chords.
Chapter 3: Playing Scales (Modes).
Chapter 4: Playing Mode Sequences.
Chapter 5: Working with Arpeggios.
Chapter 6: Combining Seventh Chords.
Part III: Rhythm and the Groove.
Chapter 7: Building the Groove Skeleton.
Chapter 8: Accessing the Groove Apex.
Chapter 9: Setting Up with the Groove Tail.
Chapter 10: Combining Rhythms.
Part IV: Turning Exercises into Music.
Chapter 11: Feeling the Eighth-Note Groove.
Chapter 12: Working the Sixteenth-Note Groove.
Chapter 13: Trippin' on Triplets.
Part V: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 14: Ten Essential Elements of a Great Practice Session.
Chapter 15: Ten Famous Tunes That Incorporate the Exercises in This Book.
Part VI: Appendixes.
Appendix A: How to Use the CD.
Appendix B: Extended Range Basses and Practice Goals.