This is the book for anyone who hunts, farms, or buys large quantities of meat. The author takes the mystery out of slaughtering and butchering everything from beef and veal, to venison, pork, and lamb. The text is clear and easy-to-follow. Combined with 130 detailed illustrations by Elayne Sears, the reader is provided with complete, step-by-step instructions.
Here is everything you need to know:
- At what age to butcher an animal
- How to kill, skin, slaughter, and butcher
- How to dress out game in a field
- Salting, smoking, and preserving
- Tools, equipment, the setup
- More than thirty recipes using all kinds of meat
"With this book in hand, you should be able to take just about any animal from pen to freezer." "Provides clear, concise, and step-by-step information for people who want to slaughter their own meat."