The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring the beautiful islands of Bali and Lombok.
Relax on the tranquil island of Nusa Lembongan, explore the myriad wildlife within Bali Barat National Park or island-hop between the Gili Isles of Lombok: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within color-coded chapters. Discover the best of Bali and Lombok with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Bali & Lombok:
- Over 15 color maps help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of Bali and Lombok designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations and area plans show in detail the sacred Pura Luhur Uluwatu, Ubud's Museum Puri Lukisan, Pura Ulun Danu Batur, Taman Nasional Gunung Rinjani in Lombok, and more
- Color photographs of spectacular holy temples, Balinese architecture, expansive idyllic beaches, national parks, lush rice fields, and more
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover the north, south, east, and west of Bali and Lombok
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about the history of the islands, the Balinese way of life, arts and handicrafts, impact of tourism, and festivals and events
- Experience the culture with features on the landscape and wildlife, rice cultivation, the islands' religions and traditional beliefs, Balinese temple architecture, village life, traditional dance and drama, musical instruments, Balinese painting, crafts and textiles, and festivals and holy days
- Essential travel tips: our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop, and sightsee, plus travel, visa, and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Bali & Lombok is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to Bali and Lombok.
DK Eyewitness: Silver award winner in the Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards for Guidebook Series 2018.
"No other guide whets your appetite quite like this one." --The Independent
About DK Eyewitness Travel: DK's highly visual Eyewitness guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips, and tours to inform and enrich your journey. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in more than 120 countries.
"The best option... Color photos, maps, and diagrams bring the place to life." - The Philadelphia Inquirer
"Known... for its four-color maps, photos and illustrations, the [DK] Eyewitness Guides are extremely user-friendly for travelers who want their information delivered in a concise, visual way." - Chicago Tribune