Click on the cover image above to read some pages of this book!
La Trobe University - Bundoora MGT2EMR: Employment Relations
Australian Workplace Relations explains the defining themes in workplace relations in the twenty-first century. It explores issues relating to employee voice, declining trade union membership, occupational health, disadvantaged workers and surveillance in the workplace. The treatment of each topic is placed in both a national and an international context. The book examines the effects on Australian workplace relations of globalisation, the changing international economy and the Global Financial Crisis. It provides a comprehensive examination of the Fair Work Act 2009. Case studies provide in-depth explorations of four important sectors of the economy: health, retail and hospitality, the public sector and motor vehicle components. The textbook includes additional resources for students and lecturers on a companion website: Power-Point slides, lists for further reading, additional case studies and links to websites. Comprehensive and fully cross-referenced, Australian Workplace Relations is an invaluable resource for upper-level undergraduate students of workplace, employee or industrial relations.
1. Globalization, economic policy and the labor market Julian Teicher and Dick Bryan
2. The Australian employment model in an international context Richard Gough
3. Australian trade unions and international labor movements Marjorie Jerrard and Stephane Le Queux
4. International employment regulation and labor rights Anne O'Rourke
5. Australian employment regulation Marilyn Pittard
6. The changing role of human resources management in the employment relationship Cathy Sheehan, Helen De Cieri and Peter Holland
7. The dynamics of employee voice in Australia Amanda Pyman, Peter Holland, Julian Teicher and Brian Cooper
8. Changing patterns of workplace conflict and dispute resolution Bernadine Van Gramberg
9. Monitoring and surveillance in the employment relationship: the new frontier Peter Holland and Anne O'Rourke
10. Diversity and disadvantaged workers Santina Bertone and Devaki Monani
11. The challenge to workplace health and safety and the changing nature of work and the working environment Elsa Underhill
12. From reactive flexibility to strategic flexibility in retail and hospitality George Lafferty
13. Restructuring Victorian public hospitals and the implications for work and work organization Richard Gough and Pat Brewer
14. Global supply chains and workforce flexibility in automotive components Malcolm Macintosh
15. The Australian public service – the challenges ahead Bernadine Van Gramberg, Julian Teicher and Brad Nash.
ISBN: 9781107664852 ISBN-10: 1107664853 Audience:
Number Of Pages: 342 Published: 4th June 2013 Publisher: CAMBRIDGE UNIV PR Country of Publication: GB Dimensions (cm): 24.38 x 17.27
Weight (kg): 0.61