Sorry, the book that you are looking for is not available right now.
We did a search for other books with a similar title, however there were no matches. You can try selecting from a similar category, click on the author's name, or use the search box above to find your book.
Richard Dawkins is one of the country's most famous scientists. He is also one of our most outspoken critics of religion.
In The God Delusion he presents his arguments for atheism. While this audiobook is unashamedly polemical, Dawkins adopts the rigorous approach of a scientist and applies it to the questions of religion, religious faith and the existence of God.
Some of the issues he addresses include:
* A history of religious conflict.
* The impossibility of disproving the existence of God - something that has become a 'get out of jail free' argument for the inviolability of religion.
* Morality, where it becomes extra-religious; many moral changes and definition (e.g. women's rights, black civil rights) have occurred sometimes against the resistance of the religious community.
* The fact that in some countries religion remains an excuse for the subjugation of women's rights.
* The fact that by forcing religious belief on our children we are denying them intellectual freedom.
* Denial of evolution which is an impediment to intellectual progress.
* Science fulfilling the same psychological needs as religion.
This is a hard-hitting, accessible and powerfully thought-out examination of religion in the modern world. While the West is becoming increasingly secularised, the rise of religious fundamentalism in other parts of the world is dividing opinion. This is a timely and extremely controversial audiobook that will be required reading for anyone interested in this most emotional and fundamental of subjects.
"...Richard Dawkins has romped into the quad to prove the non-existence of God. For the sake of those who find books of ideas as soporific as Ovaltine, he reads aloud his own abridgement of The God Delusion, slimming down his argument, and leavening his narrative lump with the voice of his wife Lalla Ward. The effect is powerful, like being shot at in stereo with elegant verbal ammunition voiced with cut-glass eloquence." * The Times *
Format: Audio CD
Published: October 2006
Country of Publication: GB
Dimensions (cm): 12.5 x 14.5 x 2.4
Weight (kg): 0.22
Edition Number: 1
Edition Type: Abridged