The ultimate “parenting bible” (The Boston Globe) with a new foreword—a timeless, beloved book on how to effectively communicate with your child from the #1 New York Times bestselling authors.
Internationally acclaimed experts on communication between parents and children, Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish “are doing for parenting today what Dr. Spock did for our generation” (Parent Magazine). Now, this bestselling classic includes fresh insights and suggestions as well as the author’s time-tested methods to solve common problems and build foundations for lasting relationships, including innovative ways to:
· Cope with your child's negative feelings, such as frustration, anger, and disappointment
· Express your strong feelings without being hurtful
· Engage your child’s willing cooperation
· Set firm limits and maintain goodwill
· Use alternatives to punishment that promote self-discipline
· Understand the difference between helpful and unhelpful praise
· Resolve family conflicts peacefully
Enthusiastically praised by parents and professionals around the world, the down-to-earth, respectful approach of Faber and Mazlish makes relationships with children of all ages less stressful and more rewarding.
"An exceptional work, not simply just another 'how to' book...All parents can use these methods to improve the everyday quality of t heir relationships with their children." -"Fort Worth Star Telegram"
Format: Audio CD
Number Of Pages: 8
Published: 15th January 2013
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Audio
Country of Publication: US
Dimensions (cm): 15.24 x 12.7 x 1.91
Weight (kg): 0.2