Marketing guru Philip Kotler shows entrepreneurs how to market their companies to investors
How can businesses do a better job of attracting capital? The answer: "Marketing!" Marketing expert Philip Kotler teams up with a renowned marketing consultant and an INSEAD professor for this practical, marketing-based approach to raising capital from investors. Based on the premise that entrepreneurs and business owners often don't understand what investors want and how they make their decisions, Attracting Investors offers a larger view of the factors involved, and guides both startup and veteran firms in effectively raising capital.
Philip Kotler (Glencoe, IL) is the S.C. Johnson & Son Distinguished Professor of International Marketing at Northwestern University's Kellogg School of Management, and the author of 35 books. Hermawan Katajaya (Jakarta, Indonesia) runs MarkPlus, the largest marketing consulting firm in Indonesia, and is coauthor with Kotler of several books, including Repositioning Asia and Rethinking Marketing. S. David Young (Fontainebleu, France) is a Professor of Accounting and Control at INSEAD in Fountainebleu, France.
Part One: INTRODUCTION.
1. Marketing to Investors and Lenders: What the Capital Markets Want.
2. Raising Capital: An Overview of Your Alternatives.
Part Two: UNDERSTANDING INVESTORS AND LENDERS.
3. Early-Stage Financing: The Role of Business Angels.
4. Private Equity: Unleashing Your Company?s Potential Value.
5. Lenders: Raising Funds from Banks and Other Financial Institutions.
Part Three: TOOLS FOR ATTRACTING AND KEEPING INVESTORS AND LENDERS.
6. Strategy: How to Win Investors? Mind Share.
7. Tactic: How to Win Investors? Market Share.
8. Value: How to Win Investors? Heart Share.
Part Four: EPILOGUE.
9. Get Your Marketing Right!
Number Of Pages: 246
Published: 13th August 2004
Country of Publication: US
Dimensions (cm): 23.62 x 16.26 x 2.29
Weight (kg): 0.52
Edition Number: 1