ASSESSMENT IN SPECIAL AND INCLUSIVE EDUCATION offers you basic assessment information along with a handbook-style reference to comprehensive, frank reviews of the tests most commonly administered in K'12 schools. The thirteenth edition brings to the forefront the important topics of MTSS/RTI and ELL, while retaining key features that have made the text a classic. The authors include a focus on both classroom-based tests designed to inform instruction and intervention, as well as more formal standardized tests that are commonly used to determine eligibility for special education. Whether you are a novice or an expert, this text will equip you with the knowledge and tools to effectively and efficiently assess your students' skills and abilities. Featuring an emphasis on improved outcomes, it shows you how to go beyond efforts designed to make predictions about students' lives to efforts that can make a difference in the lives of the students you serve.
"This text provides practical information that can readily be applied by teacher education candidates as well as novice and experienced teachers. The activities are appropriate and provide meaningful and often reflective opportunities for students to put into practice the content they learn."
"This is a very comprehensive assessment textbook. It provides adequate depth and breadth of assessment concepts. It addresses all of the topics I expect my preservice teachers to master in my assessment course."
Part I: OVERVIEW AND BASIC CONSIDERATIONS.
1. Assessment in Social and Educational Contexts.
2. Assessment and Decision-Making in Schools.
3. Laws, Ethical Codes, and Standards.
4. Test Scores and How to Use Them.
5. Technical Adequacy: Reliability and Validity.
6. Cultural and Linguistic Considerations.
7. Using Test Adaptations and Accommodations.
Part II: ASSESSMENT IN CLASSROOMS.
8. Teacher-Made Tests of Achievement.
9. Assessing Behavior Through Observation.
10. Monitoring Student Progress Toward Instructional Goals.
11. Managing Classroom Assessment.
12. Response to Intervention (RTI) and a Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS).
Part III: ASSESSMENT USING FORMAL MEASURES.
13. How to Evaluate a Test.
14. Assessment of Academic Achievement with Multi-Skill Devices.
15. Using Diagnostic Reading Measures.
16. Using Diagnostic Mathematics Measures.
17. Using Measures of Written Language.
18. Using Measures of Intelligence.
19. Using Measures of Social and Emotional Behavior.
Part IV: USING ASSESSMENT RESULTS TO MAKE EDUCATIONAL DECISIONS.
20. Making Instructional Decisions.
21. Making Special Education Eligibility Decisions.
22. Making Decisions about Participation in Accountability Programs.
23. Collaborative Team Decision-Making.
Series: Mindtap Course List
Tertiary; University or College
Number Of Pages: 432
Published: 1st February 2016
Publisher: Cengage Learning, Inc
Country of Publication: US
Dimensions (cm): 27.6 x 21.7
Weight (kg): 0.77
Edition Number: 13
Edition Type: Revised