Welcome to your watercolor happy place!
The world of Danielle Donaldson is as wondrous as a jar full of fireflies. Her whimsical illustrations are known for their offbeat color combinations, artful arrangements and endearing quirkiness. In this book, you'll learn how to partner with the wonderfully spontaneous medium of watercolour to create your own brand of magic.
Start by creating a handmade journal, then follow exercises and start-to-finish projects to fill it with illustrations that are small in size but big on color. Along the way, Danielle shares her fresh takes on colour theory, perspective, composition and more.
Designed to get your brush moving, this book makes practice feel like play. It's a one-of-a-kind journey for any artist wishing to tap into the utter joy of watercolour painting and make it a cherished part of your daily life.
Book features :
- Imaginative techniques that help you override perfectionist tendencies while making the most of watercolour's unpredictable nature
- An inventive approach (using scraps of paper, ribbon and other ephemera) for more creative colour choices
- A simple strategy that makes drawing new subjects less intimidating and more fun
- Sweet ways to add hand lettering to your artwork
- Inspirational exercises that make finding subjects to paint as easy as A-B-C
- 250 colour illustrations
"Don't underestimate the giddiness you feel when you mindlessly grab a color and mix it with another and create the most beautiful wash ever!"
About the Author
Danielle Donaldson is a mixed-media artist whose work focuses on watercolour and graphite drawing techniques. She is the author of the bestselling book, creativeGIRL (NL, Jun '15) and has many years of experience working within the scrapbook industry designing products, teaching techniques in small and large venues and contributing to several books and magazines on a regular basis.