Immense, intense and dramatic, Argentina is a land of contrasts. From sophisticated Buenos Aires, home to grand baroque buildings and the mysteries of the tango, to the lush, jungled Iguazu Falls, down to the incredible frozen landscapes of Patagonia, Footprints Argentina Handbook will ensure you discover the best of this incredible and varied country.
* Great coverage of sights and activities, from the plazas and vineyards of Mendoza to wild and icy Ushuaia
* Packed with information and suggestions on how to get off the beaten track from prehistoric cave art to Welsh teamrooms
* Includes comprehensive information on everything from transport and practicalities to history, cutlure and landscape
* Plus advice on where to stay, eating and drinking listings for every budget
* Full-colour planning section to inspire travellers and help find the best experiences From the colourful houses of La Boca to the crystalline waters around Bariloche, Footprints fully updated 8th edition will help you navigate this elegant and atmospheric country.
About the Author
Chris Wallace has been travelling through, and writing about, Central and South America since 2004. He has lived in Colombia, Argentina, Chile, Brazil and Peru. He has spent long weekends at family fincas in Antioquia, travelled along both ends of the Amazon river, failed at tango classes in Buenos Aires, and made frequent escapes to Valparaiso to receive the palliative benefits of coastal air and electric pink sunsets. He has tailored travel and tourism content for entrepreneurs and publishers alike, having covered events as grand and life affirming as Barranquilla s Carnival festival on some days while dealing with tragic history by writing about Argentina s Dirty War on others. More than 10 years in, he feels he s barely scratched the surface of what this continent has to offer.
1) Introduction 2) Essentials 3) Buenos Aires 4) Buenos Aires province 5) Cordoba & Central Sierras 6) Mendoza & the West 7) The Northwest 8) The Northeast 9) Lake District 10) Patagonia 11) Chilean Patagonia 12) Tierra del Fuego 13) Background 14) Footnotes
Series: Footprint Argentina Handbook
Number Of Pages: 736
Published: 20th April 2017
Publisher: Footprint Travel Guides
Country of Publication: GB
Dimensions (cm): 17.78 x 11.43
Weight (kg): 0.45
Edition Number: 8
Edition Type: Revised