Trust today's #1 business law book with summarized cases to present exceptionally clear discussions of the law at the right level of detail for your undergraduate students. The 23rd Edition of ANDERSON'S BUSINESS LAW & THE LEGAL ENVIRONMENT - COMPREHENSIVE EDITION is updated throughout to bring you a time-tested, proven text that offers the comprehensive coverage you require without overwhelming students with unnecessary detail. Based on the extensive teaching experience of the authors, this text offers an incredible wealth of integrated examples and applications that feature current events and familiar situations to help students grasp critical legal concepts. Clear, thorough insights further help your students prepare for the CPA exam. In addition to engaging feature boxes and case summaries, numerous brief examples and applications marked "For Example" emphasize the relevance of what students are learning as they progress through each chapter's narrative.
About The Authors.
PART I: THE LEGAL AND SOCIAL ENVIRONMENT OF BUSINESS.
1. The Nature and Sources of Law.
2. The Court System and Dispute Resolution.
3. Business Ethics, Social Forces, and The Law.
4. The Constitution As The Foundation of The Legal Environment.
5. Government Regulation of Competition and Prices.
6. Administrative Agencies.
9. Intellectual Property Rights and The Internet.
10. The Legal Environment of International Trade.
PART II: CONTRACTS.
11. Nature and Classes of Contracts: Contracting On The Internet.
12. Formation of Contracts: offer and Acceptance.
13. Capacity and Genuine Assent.
15. Legality and Public Policy.
16. Writing, Electronic Forms, and Interpretation of Contracts.
17. Third Persons and Contracts.
18. Discharge of Contracts.
19. Breach of Contract and Remedies.
PART III: SALES AND LEASES OF GOODS.
20. Personal Property and Bailments.
21. Legal Aspects of Supply Chain Management.
22. Nature and Form of Sales.
23. Title and Risk of Loss.
24. Product Liability: Warranties and Torts.
25. Obligations and Performance.
26. Remedies For Breach of Sales Contracts.
PART IV: NEGOTIABLE INSTRUMENTS.
27. Kinds of Instruments, Parties, and Negotiability.
28. Transfers of Negotiable Instruments and Warranties of Parties.
29. Liability of The Parties Under Negotiable Instruments.
30. Checks and Funds Transfers.
PART V: DEBTOR-CREDITOR RELATIONSHIPS.
31. Nature of The Debtor-Creditor Relationship.
32. Consumer Protection.
33. Secured Transactions In Personal Property.
PART VI: AGENCY AND EMPLOYMENT.
37. Third Persons In Agency.
38. Regulation of Employment.
39. Equal Employment Opportunity Law.
PART VII: BUSINESS ORGANIZATIONS.
40. Types of Business Organizations.
42. LPs, LLCs, and LLPs.
43. Corporation Formation.
44. Shareholder Rights In Corporations.
45. Securities Regulation.
46. Accountants' Liability and Malpractice.
47. Management of Corporations.
PART VIII: REAL PROPERTY AND ESTATES.
48. Real Property.
49. Environmental Law and Land Use Controls.
51. Decedents' Estates and Trusts.
Series: Mindtap Course List
Tertiary; University or College
Number Of Pages: 1392
Published: 7th December 2015
Publisher: Cengage Learning, Inc
Country of Publication: US
Dimensions (cm): 26.2 x 20.6
Weight (kg): 2.23
Edition Number: 23
Edition Type: Revised