A practical guide to methods of survival analysis for medical researchers with limited statistical experience. Methods and techniques described range from descriptive and exploratory analysis to multivariate regression methods. Uses illustrative data from actual clinical trials and observational studies to describe methods of analysing and reporting results. Also reviews the features and performance of statistical software available for applying the methods of analysis discussed.
..".a valuable resource for both practitioners and students alike." (Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, Series A, Vol.168, No.2, March 2005)
1. The Scope of Survival Analysis.
2. Randomized Clinical Trials: General Principles and Some Controversial Issues.
3. Estimation of Survival Probabilities.
4. Non-Parametric Methods for the Comparison of Survival Curves.
5. Distribution Functions for Failure Time T .
6. The Cox Regression Model.
7. Validation of the Proportional Hazards Models.
8. Parametric Regression Models.
9. The Study of Prognostic Factors and the Assessment of Treatment Effect.
10. Competing Risks.
Series: Statistics in Practice
Number Of Pages: 432
Published: 15th June 2004
Country of Publication: GB
Dimensions (cm): 22.86 x 15.24 x 2.44
Weight (kg): 0.63
Edition Number: 1