All the Way to W.A.
Our Search for Uncle Kev in Western Australia
HardcoverPublished: 1st November 2011
For Ages: 6 - 10 years old
This is not your average 32 page picture storybook. It is the same size as one and has the same pages and the illustrations are just as engaging for children to enjoy a book, its pictures and a storyline. However, the content is like a travel guide for W.A. with an adventure story intertwined with the quick tour of the state. So it would really appeal to anyone in W.A. who wants their children or students to learn more about their state or for any other child in the rest of Australia who is about to go on a holiday there or simply has been given the task to learn more about Western Australia.
The text on the page is about 30 to 50 words so there are many more than a child's picture book and a first level chapter book. So one would expect an older child to read it from the age of 8 to 10 or a parent to read it to a child if they were younger.
There are very few books around that cross between a travel guide, a kids adventure story and a picture story book and this one seems to have covered all of those areas extremely well. Highly recommended for anyone that feels the content is appropriate and relevant to your child or children.
Reviewed by Tony Nash, Booktopia's CEO
From Kalgoorlie to the Bungle Bungles, this fifth picture book in Roland Harvey's holiday adventure series takes us across landscapes and towns and introduces us to the people of Australia's west. A companion to the CBCA-shortlisted To the Top End.
Uncle Kev is lost. Can you help us find him? He's looking for the rare Bearded Night Parrot, and we're looking for him! Pack up and join us on another trip of a lifetime, across the Nullarbor and all over Western Australia.
Come with us on our other family adventures: To the Top End, In the City, In the Bush and At the Beach.
About the Author
Roland Harvey is one of Australia's best-loved illustrators. In 1978, he established Roland Harvey Studios and began designing and producing greeting cards, posters and stationery with a distinctly Australian flavour. Ventures into publishing quickly followed. Some of his best-loved books include My Place in Space (with Joe Levine), Burke and Wills, The First Fleet, Sick As (with Gael Jennings) and The New Roland Harvey Christmas Book, reincarnated by Allen and Unwin in 2008 as Roland Harvey's Big Book of Christmas. His recent books include the best-selling At the Beach, In the Bush, In the City and To the Top End and his brilliant illustrations are also a feature of It's True! Burke + Wills Forgot the Frying Pan by David Greagg and the Bonnie + Sam series - the Horses and Ponies of Currawong Creek, in collaboration with Alison Lester.
Series: ROLAND HARVEY AUSTRALIAN HOLIDAYS
For Ages: 6 - 10 years old
For Grades: 1 - 4
Number Of Pages: 32
Published: 1st November 2011
Publisher: Allen & Unwin
Country of Publication: AU
Dimensions (cm): 25.0 x 24.0 x 0.79
Weight (kg): 0.36
Edition Number: 1
More Books in Picture Storybooks
This Product Is Categorised By
- Booktopia Gift Guide » Everything Lavish » Australian Stories
- Booktopia Gift Guide » Everything Lavish » For Children & Teens
- Children & Teenagers / Young Adults » Picture Books & Early Learning » Picture Books in General » Picture Storybooks
- Children & Teenagers / Young Adults » Premier's Reading Challenge » NSW Premier's Reading Challenge » Books for Years 3-4
- Children & Teenagers / Young Adults » Premier's Reading Challenge » NSW Premier's Reading Challenge » Books for Years 3-4 (2013)
- Children & Teenagers / Young Adults » Premier's Reading Challenge » SA Premier's Reading Challenge » Books for Years 3-5
- Children & Teenagers / Young Adults » Premier's Reading Challenge » VIC Premier's Reading Challenge » Books for Years 3-4
- Children & Teenagers / Young Adults » Premier's Reading Challenge » VIC Premier's Reading Challenge » Books for Years 3-4 (2013)
- Children & Teenagers / Young Adults » Premier's Reading Challenge » VIC Premier's Reading Challenge » Books for Years 5-6
- Non-Fiction » Travel & Holidays » Travel & Holiday Guides » Travel with Children & Family Holidays