Within manufacturing, welding is by far the most widely used fabrication method used for production, leading to rise in research and development activities pertaining to welding and joining of different similar and dissimilar combinations of the metals. This book primarily addresses recent advances in various welding processes across the domain including arc welding and solid-state welding process, followed by experimental processes. The content of the book is structured in a way to update the reader about the working principle, predicaments in the existing process, innovations to overcome the same, and direct industrial and practical application.
- Covers the gap in market for a text describing recent developments in welding technology, engineering and science
- Discusses advanced computational techniques for procedure development
- Reviews recent trends of implementing DOE and meta-heuristics optimization techniques for setting of accurate parameters
- Addresses related theoretical, practical and industrial aspects
- Includes all the aspects of welding such as arc welding, solid state welding and weld overlay