Written by international authorities in agronomy, Volume 61 contains five comprehensive reviews covering key contemporary topics on crop and soil sciences. As always, the topics are varied and exemplary of the array of subject matter covered by this long-running serial. In this volume, a definitive treatise on dynamic conservation of plant genetic resources is included, as is an environmentally timely update on coal surface mine reclamation practices; contemporary and thorough reviews of diffusion in the soil-plant system, dorminancy, germinability, and germination in crop and weed seeds, and control of soil-borne plant pests. With this latest volume, Advances in Agronomy continues to be recognized as a leading reference and as a first-rate source of the latest research in agronomy, crop science, and soil science.
* The control of soil-borne plant pests
* Ion-diffusion in the soil-plant system
* Dormancy, germinability, and germination in crop and weed seeds
* Dynamic conservation of plant genetic resources
* Coal surface mine reclamation