Outlines theory and techniques of calculus, emphasizing strong understanding of concepts, and the basic principles of analysis. Reviews elementary and intermediate calculus and features discussions of elementary-point set theory, and properties of continuous functions.
2. The Real Number System.
3. Continuous Functions.
4. Extensions of the Law of the Mean.
5. Functions of Several Variables.
6. The Elements of Partial Differentiation.
7. General Theorems of Partial Differentiation.
8. Implicit-Function Theorems.
9. The Inverse Function Theorem with Applications.
10. Vectors and Vector Fields.
11. Linear Transformations.
12. Differential Calculus of Functions from Rn to Rm.
13. Double and Triple Integrals.
14. Curves and Surfaces.
15. Line and Surface Integrals.
16. Point-Set Theory.
17. Fundamental Theorems on Continuous Functions.
18. The Theory of Integration.
19. Infinite Series.
20. Uniform Convergence.
21. Power Series.
22. Improper Integrals.
Answers to Selected Exercises.
Audience: Tertiary; University or College
Number Of Pages: 752
Published: 21st January 1983
Publisher: John Wiley and Sons Ltd
Country of Publication: US
Dimensions (cm): 24.4 x 16.15 x 3.93
Edition Number: 1
Edition Type: Revised