Advanced Building and Joinery Skills, 2e provides the basic knowledge and skills required in advanced carpentry and joinery, covering subjects as wall lining and cladding, wet area construction, stairs, doors and windows to name a few. Advanced topics as beams, suspended slabs and walls, formwork for columns and concrete stairs has also been covered.
This text is written for apprentices undertaking study and completing the Certificate III in Carpentry (CPC30211) and the Certificate III in Carpentry and Joinery (CPC32011) qualifications. Advanced Building and Joinery Skills, 2e is the third text in the Building Skills series, that also includes Basic Building and Construction, 5e and Site Establishment Formwork and Framing, 3e.
Now in complete full colour, Advanced Building and Joinery Skills, 2e covers twelve units of competency crucial to this industry, in addition to combining standard industry practice with the newest industry technology and tools. Greater focus has also been placed on sustainability.
Units covered in this edition include:
- CPCCCA3010A Install and replace windows and doors
- CPCCCA3012A Frame and fit wet area fixtures
- CPCCCA3013A Install lining, panelling and moulding
- CPCCCA3016A Construct timber external stairs
- CPCCCA3017B Install exterior cladding
- CPCCCA3019A Erect and dismantle formwork to suspended slabs, columns, beams and walls
- CPCCJN3003A Manufacture and assemble components for door and window frames and doors
- CPCCJN3004A Manufacture joinery components
- CPCCCA3009A Construct advanced roofs
- CPCCCA3018A Construct, erect and dismantle formwork for stairs and ramps
- CPCCJS3003A Assemble and install stairs
- CPCCJS3004A Manufacture and install continuous hand railing and special stair components
With revised end-of-section worksheets and an array of Instructor and Student online resources, this textbook is perfect for traineeship and apprenticeship students wanting to advance their career in building.
New to the Edition
Full colour series design with updated images, diagrams and perspective drawings integrated throughout the text
Updated Australian Standards covered in chapter 4, with greater focus on sustainability in the workplace
Revised and updated End-of-section worksheets to reinforce key topics
Up-to-date content covering technology and workplace tools
New content on setting out stair formwork/falsework, steel reinforcement in concrete and coverage on design elements for bush fire prone areas
New step-by-step sequences for installing hand-rails directly to walls
About the Author
Greg has more than 30 years’ experience in the detail joinery and construction related trades and more than 15 years’ experience in the VET sector. Greg has taught shop fitting and detail joinery students at various TAFE NSW campuses, and is currently Teaching at Western Sydney Institute. Greg is the Industry Officer Built and Natural Environment at TAFE WSI.
Tertiary; University or College
Number Of Pages: 416
Published: 4th April 2016
Publisher: Cengage Learning Australia
Country of Publication: AU
Dimensions (cm): 27.6 x 21.0
Weight (kg): 1.13
Edition Number: 2
Edition Type: Revised