Introduction: Gerald Adams.
Part I: Theories of Adolescent Development:.
1. Theories of Adolescence: M Berzonsky.
Part II: Development of Self:.
2. Retrospective Survey of Parental Marital Relations and Child Reproductive Development: K Smith and P K Smith.
3. A Cross-National Study on the Relations among Prosocial Moral Reasoning, Gender Role Orientation, and Prosocial Behaviors: G Carlo, S H Koller, N Eisenberg M S Da Silva and C B Frohlich.
4. The Relations among Identity Development, Self-consciousness, and Self-focusing during Middle and Late Adolescence: G R Adams, K G Abraham and C A Markstrom.
5. Classwork and Homework in Early Adolescence: The Ecology of Achievement: C M Leone and M H Richards.
6. Longitudinal Adjustment Patterns of Boys and Girls experiencing Early, Middle, and Late Sexual Intercourse: C R Bingham and L J Crockett.
Part III: Environmental Influences: .
7. Like Father, Like Son? Predicting Male Adolescents' Adjustment From Parents' Distress and Self-restraint: L L D'Angelo, D A Weinberger and S S Feldman.
8. Adolescent Girls' Relationship with Mothers and Best Friends: L A Gavin and W Furman.
9. Work Experience, Mental Health and Behavioural Adjustment in Adolescence: J T Mortimer, M Finch, M Shanahan and S Ryu.
10. The High School 'Junior Theme': as an Adolescent Rite of Passage: R Larson.
11. Social Context and the Subjective Experience of Different Types of Rock Music. R L Thompson and R Larson.
Part IV: Social Problems:.
12. Alcohol Use, Suicidal Behavior, and Risky Activities Among Adolescents: Michael Windle, Carol Miller-Tutzauer, and Donna Domenico.
13. Internalizing Problems and Their Relation to the Development of Disruptive Behaviors in Adolescence: Rolf Loeber, Mary F. Russo, and Magda Stouthamer-Loeber, and Benjamin B. Lahey.
Part V: A Controversy about Coming of Age in Samoa:.
14. Was Mead Wrong About Coming of Age in Samoa? An Analysis of the Mead/Freeman Controversy for Scholars of Adolescence and Human Development: James E. Cote.