In 1878, Mississippi Agricultural and Mechanical College was created near Starkville, Mississippi. In 1932, the name was changed to Mississippi State College, and later to Mississippi State University. Over ninety postcards contained in this volume show the campus during the A. & M. years. Included are student cadets, athletics, buildings, and other campus scenes. Full size front and rear views of the cards will be of interest to postcard collectors. In addition, the cards give insight into higher education, especially on the land-grant campus, during the early twentieth century. Those familiar with Mississippi State will find the differences (and similarities) between the current campus and that of the early days of the school both interesting and intriguing. Several current views are included in the book and compared with early postcards containing the same views.
Number Of Pages: 116
Published: 6th March 2010
Country of Publication: GB
Dimensions (cm): 27.94 x 21.59 x 0.76
Weight (kg): 0.29