Did you know that one in 10,000 chickens is transgender? Or that Hitler made the world’s first 3D movie? Well you’ll learn these and 999 other side-splittingly ridiculous titbits of wholly useless bloke data in this award-worthy Aussie book, due to hit all good bookshops in November. From robo-sharks and space vomit to killer cheese, monster machines and zombie-proof houses, it will contain everything you need to be proclaimed a hero by your jealous mates down the pub.
You’ll gasp at choice morsels of trivia such as:
- The buttocks are the hardest body part to tan
- The water in a blue whale’s mouth weighs more than the whale itself.
- The largest ever tumour weighed 41kg more than the woman it was attached to
- Women cause 72 per cent of bathroom floods in Australia
- The man who popularised the high five only had four fingers
- An Argentinian duck as a 42in penis
- Most Muppets are left handed
- Guards at Parliament House In Canberra were banned from calling anyone ‘mate’
The most laugh-out-loud fact book ever written, and jam-packed with enough strange-but-true blue Australian stories, quizzes and weirdness to keep any man entertained and bemused for days.
About the Author
Paul Merrill is an award-winning editor, and the author of the books A Polar Bear Ate My head, Muddle Your Way Through Fatherhood
and Muddle Your Way Through Being a Grandparent.
A self-confessed trivia obsessive, he has spent years amassing an impressive collection of wholly useless facts. He launched Zoo Weekly magazine in Australia and has appeared widely on TV and radio as a pundit and presenter. He has written for The Sydney Morning Herald, Rolling Stone, FHM
and News Ltd
titles and is currently Editor-in-Chief of Take 5
He lives in Sydney with his wife and three boys.