100 Facts Space covers key topics about our incredible Universe in easily-digestible, numbered facts. Every page includes amazing illustrations and photographs that clarify difficult points for children. Young space explorers will love to learn from our fantastic space books for kids.
Essential topics covered in 100 Facts Space:
• Our Solar System, our Universe and billions of galaxies
• The Sun's features including solar flares
• The birth of a star and the dangers of a meteor explosion
Examples of 'I don't believe it' fascinating facts:
• If the Sun were the size of a large beach ball, Earth would be as small as a pea, and the Moon would look like a pinhead.
• For its size, Saturn is lighter than any other planet. If there were a large enough sea, it would float like a cork.
• It would take thousands of years to get to the nearest stars with current spacecraft.
Activities to make learning accessible and interactive include:
• Make craters using a baking tray, some flour and a stone. Drop the stone into the pile of flour and watch the awesome effects!
• Quiz question: Where is the asteroid belt?
• Watch how the Universe expands by blowing into a balloon, marking on some dots with a pen and blowing it up some more. The distance and direction they move apart is the same!
Series: 100 Facts
For Ages: 7 - 11 years old
For Grades: 2 - 6
Number Of Pages: 48
Published: 1st January 2014
Publisher: Miles Kelly Publishing Ltd
Country of Publication: GB
Dimensions (cm): 29.7 x 22.8
Weight (kg): 0.2