100 Facts Sharks covers key topics about this varied fish group in simple, exciting numbered facts for kids. Every page is covered in fantastic illustrations and photographs that support a child's understanding of the text. This exciting shark book for kids aged 7+ will amaze and enthral inquisitive minds.
Essential topics covered in 100 Facts Sharks:
• Hunting features that are designed to kill and the mating process
• The world's biggest predatory fish – the great white shark
• Strange shark species such as the goblin shark
Examples of 'I don't believe it' fascinating facts:
• The smallest sharks could lie curled up in your hand. The dwarf lanternshark is just 20 centimetres long!
• The blind shark of Australia can see, but not very well. When it's caught, it closes its eyes so tightly that it appears to have none!
• As the young of the sand tiger shark develop inside their mother, the bigger ones feed on the smaller ones!
Activities to make learning accessible and interactive include:
• Quiz question: How may gills do most sharks have – 5, 10 or 12?
• Make a flying ray using stiff paper, coloured pens, a drinking straw and some modelling clay
• Quiz question: Sharks can be tracked by satellite. True or false?
Series: 100 Facts
For Ages: 7 - 11 years old
For Grades: 2 - 6
Number Of Pages: 48
Published: 14th December 2018
Publisher: Miles Kelly Publishing Ltd
Country of Publication: GB
Dimensions (cm): 29.7 x 22.8
Weight (kg): 0.2