100 Facts Dinosaurs includes key topics about the primeval world in easily-digestible, numbered facts. Every page is covered in amazing illustrations and photographs that clarify difficult points for kids. An ideal introduction to dinosaur books for kids aged 7+ years.
Topics covered in 100 Facts Dinosaurs:
• Periods of time such as the Mesozoic Era and which dinosaurs lived at that time
• The first fossils to be discovered and the most famous discovery of all
• How dinosaurs became extinct and what happened next
'I don't believe it' fascinating facts:
• The name 'dinosaur' means 'terrible lizard'. But dinosaurs weren't lizards, and not all dinosaurs were terrible!
• Early plant-eating dinosaurs did not eat fruits or grasses – there weren't any! Instead they ate plants called horsetails, ferns, cycads and conifer trees.
• Diplodocus is also known as 'old Whip-tail'! It may have swished its long tail so hard and fast that it made an enormous crack like a whip.
Activities to make learning accessible and interactive:
• Make a Troodon mask using stiff card, elastic and coloured pencils
• Speed game: Put these dinosaurs and modern animals in order of top running speed, from slow to fast
• Recreate a meteorite explosion with a bowl of flour, a large pebble and a lamp. The effect of the pebble being thrown into the flour shows how the Sun (lamp) would have become dimmer!
Series: 100 Facts
For Ages: 7 - 11 years old
For Grades: 2 - 6
Number Of Pages: 48
Published: 1st January 2014
Publisher: Miles Kelly Publishing Ltd
Country of Publication: GB
Dimensions (cm): 29.7 x 22.8
Weight (kg): 0.2