Do you take the shortest route
instead of the side roads when you’re trying to get somewhere? Do you
choose the streamlined model instead of one loaded with gizmos and
gadgets? Do you value ease over extras? WordPerfect 12 is practical
software designed to help you create great-looking, readable documents.
Whether you’re a recent convert from longhand (welcome to the modern
world) or a word processing pro, WordPerfect12 For Dummies
covers what you need to know, including:
- The basics, like using menus and toolbars, saving, editing, and printing files, getting help, and more
- Editing and formatting text, adding page numbers, charts, cool fonts, borders, backgrounds, and more
- Using templates to make your life easier
- Creating envelopes and labels and doing multiple mailings
- Using the compatibility toolbars, Workspace Manager, Office Ready template browser, and wireless office capabilities
- Creating and integrating columns, tables and graphics
- Creating Web pages, Adobe Acrobat Documents, XML files, and even Microsoft Office documents
- Publishing your document as a Web Page
WordPerfect12 For Dummies was written by Margaret Levine Young, David C. Kay, and Richard Wagner, all computer gurus who have written or contributed to other For Dummies books and numerous computer books. After it shows you how to do what you need to do, it inspires you to do things you probably didn’t know you could do, such as:
- Changing Workspaces to the WordPerfect Legal mode if you need to create legal documents
- Choosing from 26 different tool bars to fit the way you work and what you’re working on
- Using WordPerfect Office Ready for 40 additional templates
- Printing bar codes
- Using Microsoft Outlook contact information in Word Perfect
First you’ll get comfortable with WordPerfect 12, and then you’ll get confident and want to explore more. Whether you are a beginner, need a quick refresher, or want to take advantage of the advanced functions, with its complete index, WordPerfect12 For Dummies will be the reference you rely on.
Part I: Exploring the Essentials.
Chapter 1: WordPerfect Basics: Out of the Box and Raring to Go.
Chapter 2: Cruising Your Document.
Chapter 3: Discovering “Perfect” Text Editing.
Chapter 4: Working with the Spelling and Grammar Tools.
Chapter 5: On Paper at Last — Printing Stuff.
Part II: Formatting Your Text.
Chapter 6: Giving Your Documents Character.
Chapter 7: Sensational Sentences and Pretty Paragraphs.
Chapter 8: Perfect Pages and Dashing Documents.
Chapter 9: Documents with Style.
Part III: Making Your Documents Come Alive.
Chapter 10: Formatting Beyond the Text.
Chapter 11: Saying It with Pictures.
Chapter 12: Working with Templates and OfficeReady.
Part IV: All the World's a Page: Going Beyond Your Desktop.
Chapter 13: Publishing for the Web.
Chapter 14: Using WordPerfect in a Microsoft Office World.
Chapter 15: Mail Merge: Printing to the Masses.
Part V: More Stuff You Can Do with Your Documents.
Chapter 16: Managing Your Documents.
Chapter 17: Reveal Codes: Getting Ultimate Control Over Your Document.
Part VI: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 18: Ten Ways to Tweak WordPerfect.
Chapter 19: Ten Really Good Editing Suggestions.
Series: For Dummies (Computers)
Number Of Pages: 384
Published: 24th September 2004
Dimensions (cm): 23.3 x 18.9 x 2.139
Weight (kg): 0.592