A terrific value-a full-size book plus video demonstrations of key Windows 7 tasks.
Windows 7 is Microsoft's much-anticipated new release of the operating system that powers nearly 90% of the world's computers. This two-for-one package provides the step-by-step guidance that will get you up and running with all the exciting new features.
This bundle includes the complete Windows 7 For Dummies book plus a DVD with two hours of video training. Featuring the expert advice you get in the book, the DVD shows you how to accomplish various Windows tasks and displays the screens you'll see as you proceed.
- A two-for-one value - the full-size Windows 7 For Dummies book plus two hours of video training on DVD
- Windows 7 has new features, an interface with more graphical elements, better interactivity with other devices, and faster speed
- Whether you're new to computers or just to Windows 7, this handy package provides a simple, easy-to-use guide plus video illustration to help you accomplish basic tasks in Windows
- Covers the things most books assume you already know, as well as how to work with files and programs, get things done online, and customize Windows 7
- Shows you how to use movie, music, and photo management features, how to upgrade your system, and how to fix common problems you'll encounter
- DVD shows you what you'll see on the screen as you master each step
This great book-and-DVD package will have you comfortably using Windows 7 faster than you can say 1-2-3!
Reviewed by 1 customer
Part I: Windows 7 Stuff Everybody Thinks You Already Know.
Chapter 1: What Is Windows 7?
Chapter 2: The Desktop, Start Menu, Taskbar, Gadgets, and Other Windows 7 Mysteries.
Chapter 3: Basic Windows Mechanics.
Chapter 4: Flipping Through Files, Folders, Flash Drives, Libraries, and CDs.
Part II: Working with Programs and Files.
Chapter 5: Playing with Programs and Documents.
Chapter 6: Briefly Lost, but Quickly Found.
Chapter 7: Printing Your Work.
Part III: Getting Things Done on the Internet.
Chapter 8: Cruising the Web.
Chapter 9: Sending and Receiving E-Mail.
Chapter 10: Safe Computing.
Part IV: Customizing and Upgrading Windows 7.
Chapter 11: Customizing Windows 7 with the Control Panel.
Chapter 12: Keeping Windows from Breaking.
Chapter 13: Sharing One Computer with Several People.
Chapter 14: Connecting Computers with a Network.
Part V: Music, Movies, Memories (And Photos, Too).
Chapter 15: Playing and Copying Music in Media Player.
Chapter 16: Fiddling with Photos and Movies.
Part VI: Help!
Chapter 17: The Case of the Broken Window.
Chapter 18: Strange Messages: What You Did Does Not Compute.
Chapter 19: Moving from an Old Computer to a New Windows 7 PC.
Chapter 20: Help on the Windows 7 Help System.
Part VII: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 21: Ten or So Things You?ll Hate about Windows 7 (And How to Fix Them).
Chapter 22: Ten or So Tips for Laptop Owners.
Appendix A: Upgrading to Windows 7.
Series: For Dummies (Lifestyles Paperback)
Number Of Pages: 408
Published: 22nd September 2009
Dimensions (cm): 23.8 x 19.3 x 4.2
Weight (kg): 0.74