Are you the child of toxic parents?
When you were a child...
- Did your parents tell you you were bad or worthless?
- Did your parents use physical pain to discipline you?
- Did you have to take care of your parents because of their problems?
- Were you often frightened of your parents?
- Did your parents do anything to you that had to be kept secret?
Now that you' re an adult...
- Do your parents still treat you as if you were a child?
- Do you have intense emotional or physical reactions after spending time with your parents?
- Do your parents control you with threats or guilt? Do they manipulate you with money?
- Do you feel that no matter what you do, it' s never good enough for your parents?
In this remarkable self-help guide, Dr. Susan Forward draws on case histories and the real-life voices of adult children of toxic parents to help you free yourself from the frustrating patterns of your relationship with your parents -- and discover a new world of self-confidence, inner strength, and emotional independence.
"A dynamic, powerful, hard-hitting book. It offers tremendous hope as well as understanding. It could truly be a lifesaver."-- Abigail Van Buren, "Dear Abby""I consider Susan Forward to be among the foremost therapists of our age."-- John Bradshaw, author of Healing the Shame That Binds You and HomecomingBantam Books by Susan Forward: Men Who Hate Women and the Women Who Love Them: When Loving Hurts and You Don't Know WhyObsessive Love: When It Hurts Too Much to Let GoToxic Parents: Overcoming Their Hurtful Legacy and Reclaiming Your Life
Number Of Pages: 320
Published: 2nd January 2002
Dimensions (cm): 20.9 x 13.3 x 2.1
Weight (kg): 0.27