Greg Heffley has always been in a hurry to grow up. But is getting older really it's cracked up to be?
Greg suddenly finds himself dealing with the pressures of boy-girl parties, increased responsibilities, and even the awkward changes that come with getting older - all without his best friend, Rowley, at his side.
Can Greg make it through on his own? Or will he have to face the 'ugly truth'?
There is no doubt that the endearing escapades of the ever self-absorbed Greg Heffley and his motley band of friends has got all his fans hanging out for the next instalment. Following on from the huge success of books 1-4, the DIY diary, the movie diary and the film itself, book number five will suck us all in with glee and giggles.
Ten Things You Don't Know about Jeff Kinney
1. He still doesn't have to shave too often.
2. His first decent drawing was of a turtle at the age of 3 (Jeff, not the turtle).
3. He plays the piano "very, very poorly."
4. Jeff's brother Scott has written one of the songs in the movie, Diary of A Wimpy Kid.
5. He created the kids' website Poptropica.com.
6. His favourite computer games are the Mario Kart series.
7. His favourite sandwich is peanut butter and jelly (eeeuw).
8. His favourite song is 'Brownville Girl' by Bob Dylan.
9. He has two brothers and a sister.
10. At one stage he studied to become a federal law enforcement officer.
About The Author
Jeff Kinney is an online game developer and designer, and a number 1 New York Times bestselling author. In 2009, Jeff was named one of Time magazine's 100 Most Influential People in the World. He spent his childhood in the Washington, D.C., area and moved to New England in 1995. Jeff lives in southern Massachusetts with his wife and their two sons.
Series: Diary of a Wimpy Kid
For Ages: 7 - 11 years old
For Grades: 3 - 6
Number Of Pages: 232
Published: 10th November 2010
Dimensions (cm): 19.9 x 13.0 x 1.7
Weight (kg): 19.9
Edition Number: 5